Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Tzatziki


Raymond is not a huge Greek food fan.  I on the other hand love it!  We went to Greece on our honeymoon.  :)  Such a wonderful man I married.  The quality of the food we ate varied sometimes drastically based on where we went.  We had some very good tzatziki sauce one place, then we had some not so great tzatziki another place.


I was a little nervous on how Raymond would receive this the first time I made it, but I thought that the Roasted Red Pepper would probably add in a layer of flavor that he would really enjoy and could possibly combine to create something wonderful.  I was right. The first time I made this, I served it on top of chicken.  Raymond's reaction was, "This is great!  It would probably be fantastic on top of fish."  About eight months later, because I don't like to make the same thing very often, I made it again and served it on top of fish.  Raymond's reaction this time was, "The fish is really good, but I don't think I'm a fan of the sauce."  :-|  Well, I guess you can't win them all. 

I thought it tasted really good atop fish, but I also enjoyed it over chicken, as a dip for celery and cucumbers, and as a completely guilt-free dressing of sorts on top of a spinach salad.  I have yet to make souvlaki with it but I imagine it would be terrific as that's what tzatziki is originally used on.

Ingredients:

1 large cucumber
2 red bell peppers
2 small cloves garlic
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tbs Red wine vinegar
2 Tbs fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degree's.

Roast peppers until charred turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.

Place in a bag and let sit for 15 min.

Once the peppers have cooled, peel and discard the skins.

Grate cucumber and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. 

Add garlic, roasted red pepper, dill, and red wine vinegar to processor and process. 

Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a couple of times.

Add salt and pepper to taste.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment