Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip


I LOVE vegetables.  Mostly I love cooked vegetables.  One way I can get myself to eat lots of raw veggies is to eat them with a dip.  This is one of my FAVORITES!  My dad gets full credit for this dip.  I remembered it from when I was really little.  My dad had it in his head that he wanted to make a dip one night when our cousins were coming over for dinner.  I don't think I tried any of that dip, I was more interested in the cheesy queso, but I remember hearing everyone saying they loved it and I also remembered my dad saying he had read it somewhere and then what he did to make it.  I'm not 100% positive that the recipe below is all he did, but it works for me.  I have trouble stopping myself from eating this whenever I make it and I have successfully gotten a co-worker hooked on this dip.  I will usually rotate between this and hummus to pair with my carrots, cherry tomatoes, etc.  It is such a guilt free snack and the perfect way to eat more veggies!  Plus it's ridiculously easy to make...less than 5 minutes!

Ingredients:

1-16oz container low fat cottage cheese
1 packet ranch dressing mix.

Directions:

Mix one packet of ranch dressing mix into your container of low fat cottage cheese.



Done!

Enjoy with some veggies!


Your friends will look at you weird when you tell them what you are eating, but once they taste it they will understand...sooo good!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment